We assemble all of our awards. However, we are providing this information should you ever need to make changes or adjustments.
How to Remove/Attach a Plaque Plate Affixed with Screws
How to Remove/Attach a Plaque Plate Affixed with Nails/Tacks
- Use a small screwdriver to remove the 2 or 4 screws that hold the plate in position.
- Gently remove the old plate.
- Place the new plate on the plaque so the mounting holes are aligned.
- Once the holes are aligned, place the screws in the holes.
- Use the screwdriver to gently tighten them.
How to Remove/Attach a Plaque Plate Affixed with Tape
- Gently pry the nails off of the existing plaque plate with wire cutters or the flat edge of a screwdriver.
- Remove plate.
- Place the new plate so it does not align to the old nail/tack holes. The new plate should be about 1/8" away from the old nail/tack holes.
- Use the new nails/tacks and gently tap the nails/tacks so they hold the plate in the desired position.
- Remove plate by gently lifting one of the corners with a small screwdriver or the edge of a butter knife.
- Carefully lift the plate completely off of the plaque board.
- Peel the protective paper off of the 2-sided tape on the rear of the replacement plate.
- Affix the new plate to the area where the old plate was affixed.
- Drag your thumb firmly across the plate to ensure the 2-sided tape adheres properly.